We like to let our app, our awards and our numbers do the talking when it comes to talking about Shpock and our success.
Without blowing our own trumpet too much (but blowing it nonetheless!), our app has won lots of awards from Apple and Google and has been downloaded more than 50 million times! Each month we have millions of active users spreading secondhand joy, buying and selling stuff worth more than 100 million euros. And we're very proud of it.
But one thing we've learned is that there's always room for new ideas and new opportunities. And we always want to get better – to improve not just ourselves but our product too.
We want to hear from people overflowing with great ideas and keen to showcase their skills on how to implement them effectively, and we promise to give you the opportunity to actively shape our product and develop the Shpock platform further.
We thrive on continuous innovation and development by constantly challenging the status quo, identifying opportunities and exploiting them.
Our product & tech team take an agile approach using Kanban to deliver quick, creative solutions and services. Slack is our channel of choice for internal comms and means everyone in every team, from coder to CEO, is only ever a message away – although we love to talk face to face too! Speaking of which, we're an international bunch and so our language of choice is English.
We're all about opportunity, personal and professional development no matter which department you work in. We don't micromanage but instead trust our teams to do their best work and take responsibility for their own projects – only with this freedom to create do we achieve amazing things.
Our team is as diverse and colourful as the millions of products sold on our app every day – we are around 14 nationalities speaking many languages and we see this as key to driving our culture of creativity and innovation. We believe in trust and recognise you have a life outside of the office, so offer flexible working hours and the freedom to work as you want.
- Flexible working hours: We care about your work-life balance and therefore have trust-based working hours. Get the job done is our motto.
- Fully remote working model: You choose where you want to work from. From time to time we will organize team events or workshops and will ask you to join us in person.
- 4 days workweek all year long: Get into the weekend earlier with four-day-workweek – every Friday is off.
- Team events: We have a dedicated team budget to get together, have fun and strengthen our team spirit (eg, laser tag, bowling,..), and of course we like to celebrate at our Christmas party.
- Personal development budget: Shpock values personal development and helps set up individual development plans to train the skills and knowledge of our team members. You will have your own personal development budget to up-skill yourself.
- Choose your equipment: We let you choose whether you prefer to work with a MacBook or a Windows / Linux laptop.
- Discounts at our partnering shops: Shpock is part of the corporate benefits platform which is an online platform with a huge amount of discounts and a wide variety of shops (electronics, fashion, furniture and more).
Last but by no means least – we love working together. We focus on connection, be it to find your mentor or new best friend. It's why we think we have the best team in Vienna! Join us and find out for yourself. Here are our latest job offers.